Each summer CITR hosts our main events for fathers to welcome their sons into manhood. This week-long event is specifically designed to engage men in daily high adventure activities such as mountain biking and rock-climbing, that bring out manly qualities of courage, determination and humility. During the evenings Mike Haddorff shares engaging lessons in what it means to be a man, inspiring sons and fathers to live out authentic, Christian manhood. Many of the topics covered in the teaching are illustrated with clips from popular, contemporary movies.
Throughout the week each father is given the opportunity to publicly bless his son. There is also time set aside to share deeply with his son what his own manhood journey has been. The week culminates with a sacred and moving rite-of-passage ceremony where each father calls his son up into manhood in the presence of other like-minded men and welcomes him into the community of men.
Please have a look at the detailed schedule of the week we have planned for you.
2018 Adventure Dates
- First camp: June 24-28 - Sign-up Now
- Second camp: July 22-26 - Sign-up Now
- Your adventure is set in the heart of the majestic Rocky Mountains in the town of Estes Park, a stone's throw from Rocky Mountain National Park. Our accommodations are at YMCA of the Rockies. This father-son adventure includes:
- Excellent lodging (each father and son stay in their own private room with two queen beds)
- Delicious, filling meals, from Sunday dinner through Thursday breakfast
- All transportation while on the adventure
- All adventure activities
- All specialized outdoor equipment (see the packing list for personal items to bring)
- All adventure books and materials
- A fun, powerful and effective curriculum
- Memories to last a lifetime
Our minimum recommended age is 15 and there is no maximum age.
This year's tuition: $2,400 per father/son pair
Your registration will be confirmed upon receipt of a $600 deposit, unless other arrangements are made with Mike Haddorff.
NOTE: We limit the roster to 12 pairs per session.
Tuition does not include travel to Estes Park, CO. However we are happy to provide complimentary shuttle service between the camp and Denver International Airport if needed. All lodging, meals, adventures, transportation, gratuities, and taxes during the camp session are included.
Before you arrive you'll also want to review the packing list.